Asian Bridal Hair and Makeup Course
|Course Content:||Practical and theoretical|
|Time:||5 Days (10.30am – 4.30pm)|
This intensive 5 day course comprises of both hair and makeup techniques in the specialist field of Asian Brides.
Who is this course for?
This intermediate course is carefully designed for students who wish to specialise in professional Asian bridal hair and makeup, or a hair/makeup artist who wishes to broaden their skills base or a refresher course for students who want to update their portfolio with the latest trends. Students must have experience or have done a beginners course prior to commencement.
What will I learn during this course?
This course includes theory and practical learning on live models as well as demonstrations from our highly trained Asian Bride specialists.
This course includes:
- Health and safety
- Product selection
- Hair product and equipment selection – Learn how to select the perfect products and equipment for the style you are creating.
- Tools and building a professional kit
- Hair parting and sectioning
- Different pin usage and techniques
- Elements of hair styles including - barrel curls, curls, loops, plaiting, braids, knots, spikes, beehives.
- Application of the dupatta/chunni
- Specialist hairstyles for occasions - such as registry, engagement and bridal
- Setting the hair – The secrets to long-lasting hold
- Tools and hygiene
- Advice and professional make-up kit
- Consultation forms and trials
- Theory, demonstration and practical examples of traditional and contemporary Asian bridal makeup looks - registry looks, engagement, and bridal looks such as traditional red and gold
- Basic make-up routine
- Application of decoration - including jewellery and peer setting
- Tricks of the trade
- Skin analysis
- Makeup application – foundation, concealer, corrector, contouring, highlighting, blusher, blending, powdering
- Eye shadow techniques - such as blending and smokey eyes
- Arabic eye makeup techniques
- Eyeliners - gel, pencil and cake
- Makeup tips - for the mother of the bride and bridesmaids
- Artistry Training Academy certificate awarded on completion of the course
Students are welcome to bring in a camera to take photos during this course.
What can I do with this course?
The skills students learn during this course will enable them to work on bridal clients including the bridal party, and engagement and special occasion events. The certificate students receive is fully insurable
Does it matter what age I am?
No, we welcome students of all ages (16+) and all levels of experience.
When are you open?
6 days a week. 51 weeks a year (we close for 1 week over Christmas).
Where can I find your course dates?
Unlike most academy, we can be flexible with our dates and our courses run throughout the year. Please contact us for our next available dates. If you have specific dates in mind, let us know!
Can I visit the academy?
Yes, but all visits must be booked in advance to ensure tutors are available. Please contact us to arrange a visit. Walk ins are not permitted as they cause class disruptions.
Can I study part time?
Yes, we offer flexible days and evening classes.
Am I ready to work within the makeup industry on completion?
Upon successful completion of any course you will receive full certification from ATA which will allow you to go and find work within the industry.