Asian Bridal Makeup Course
|Course Content:||Practical and theoretical|
|Time:||3 Days (10.00am – 4.30pm)|
Who is this course for?
This intermediate course is perfect for those wishing to learn professional skills for Asian bridal makeup, or for makeup artists who wish to expand their skills. Students must have previous experience or have completed a beginners course in makeup before this course.
What will I learn during this course?
Tutors will include both theory and demonstration elements, as well as practical opportunities for students using live models. The course includes a variety of looks to compliment different coloured garments. Students will also learn specific makeup techniques and applications as well as using experimental ideas to create inspirational and unique styles.
This course includes:
- Tools and hygiene
- Advice on professional makeup kit
- Consultation forms and trials
- Theory, demonstration and practical examples of traditional and contemporary Asian bridal makeup looks – registry looks, engagement, and bridal looks such as traditional red and gold
- Basic make-up routine
- Application of decoration – including jewellery and peer setting
- Tricks of the trade
- Skin analysis
- Eye shadow techniques - such as blending and smokey eyes
- Arabic eye makeup techniques
- Eyeliners - gel, pencil and cake
- False Lashes
- Lip techniques - lip colour, lip liners and lip gloss
- Makeup tips - for the mother of the bride and bridesmaids
- ATA certificate awarded on completion of the course
Students are welcome to bring in a camera to take photos during this course.
What can I do with this course?
The skills students learn during this course will enable them to work on bridal clients including the bridal party, and engagement and special occasion events. The certificate students receive is fully insurable.
What courses can I progress onto?
Students can expand their skills further by completing our Asian Bridal Hair course, or explore other areas of hair and makeup such as our Professional Hair Styling course, 1 Week Hair Cutting course, Fashion and Catwalk Makeup course, or Glamour Makeup course.
No, we welcome students of all ages (16+) and all levels of experience.
When are you open?
6 days a week. 51 weeks a year (we close for 1 week over Christmas).
Where can I find your course dates?
Unlike most academy, we can be flexible with our dates and our courses run throughout the year. Please contact us for our next available dates. If you have specific dates in mind, let us know!
Can I visit the academy?
Yes, but all visits must be booked in advance to ensure tutors are available. Please contact us to arrange a visit. Walk ins are not permitted as they cause class disruptions.
Can I study part time?
Yes, we offer flexible days and evening classes.
Am I ready to work within the makeup industry on completion?
Upon successful completion of any course you will receive full certification from ATA which will allow you to go and find work within the industry.