Fast track makeup artist course
Course Content: Practical and theoretical
Time: Full Time – 1 Weeks (10.30am – 4.30pm)
Weeks 1 to 5 – Wednesday- sunday
1 Day for Examinations
1 Day for Professional Photoshoot
Part Time – 5 weeks - mondays once aweek
Price: £595 - £1000
Portfolio: Live Models and Professional Photoshoot
Dates: Full Time flexible dates
Part Time: flexible dates
• Professional Portfolio Photoshoot worth £245
• Artistry Training Academy12 Piece Professional Brush Kit
• MAC, NARS and Bobbi Brown Pro Student Discount Card
• All Registration and Examination Fees
• Course Description
20% discount on Professional Hair Styling course when you book Fast Track Makeup Artist course ( Level 2 Makeup Certificate)
Fast track your way to becoming a professional makeup artist with specialist techniques in corrective, day, evening, bridal, fashion and special occasion makeup looks.
Who is this course for?
This Level 2 Makeup Course is a beginners intensive 5 week course for aspiring makeup artists. It includes both theory and practical work. This course provides students with a full qualification in makeup, recognised nationally and internationally.
What will I learn during this course?
This course will teach students everything they need to know to become a professional makeup artist. It also includes a professional photoshoot, Artistry Training Academy professional brush kit, industry discounts and textbooks.
This course is taught by qualified educators who incorporate theory work, special projects, demonstrations and hands-on workshops. Your tutor will guide you through the stages of the course and monitor your personal progress. All necessary equipment, tools and manuals are provided.
You will be assessed in both theory and practical areas throughout this course and during the theory and practical exam. Examinations are held at the school on a quarterly basis, giving you time to gain experience before sitting your exam. All students will practice on live models and the core text books needed for this course are provided.
Students are required to bring in a camera to take photos during this course as part of their portfolio of evidence for assessment purposes. Home study is required. Students must have access to a computer and printer at home for assignment purposes.
This course has a maximum of 5 students per class.
Students who enrol onto this course can apply for a MAC Pro Student Card which entitles them to a 15% discount on MAC products (valid for 6 months), Discount Card at Bobbi Brown (20%) and Discount Card at NARS (25%).
The course content includes the following units:
Application of Makeup
• Health, hygiene, safety, sanitising tools and equipment.
• Preparation of client and products
• Client consultation and recommendations
• Environmental conditions for makeup
• Contraindications and contra-actions
• Building a professional makeup kit
• Professional products, tools and equipment
• Colour theory and the colour wheel
• Facial tone, structure, light, shade, highlighting, contouring, form and sculpting, functions, conditions and characteristics
• Analysis; skin types, structure, functions, condition, pigmentation and colour, texture, imperfections, tone, temperature, elasticity, UV damage, preparation, routine and radiance, face shapes, eye shapes, nose shapes, lip shapes, flaws and blemishes, skin tones, lighting, products
• Use of equipment; brushes, applicators, spatulas, sponges, and palettes
• Use of products; eye makeup remover, cleansing lotions, toners, moisturisers, serums, pre-base products, colour correction, foundations, concealers, face powders, bronzing, shade, highlighters, cheek/blush and colour application, eyebrow proportion definition and grooming, eye shadows, eyeliners, mascara, lip liner, lipstick, lip gloss, lip balm, false eyelashes including strip and individual
• Product mixing confidence
• Blending techniques
• Looks including: Corrective, Day, Evening, Bridal, Fashion and Special Occasion
• Client aftercare
Health and Safety
• Health, safety and security practices
• Emergency procedures
Client Care and Communication
• Client consultation techniques
• Treatment identification
• Advice and recommendations
Working in the Makeup Industry
• Characteristics, information, services, occupational roles, education, training opportunities
• Marketing, finance, publicity and selling within the makeup industry
What can I do after this course?
(International Therapy Examination Council) Level 2 in Makeup is a UK qualification recognised internationally allowing students to work anywhere in the world.
It is a flexible qualification meaning students can work freelance, on makeup counters, for private clients, on photoshoots, and publications.
This course is also linked with the Complementary Therapists Association (CThA) for insurance purposes and support which allows students to work on clients straight after the course.
What courses can I progress onto?
Students can advance their skills further by either completing individual specialist courses such as the full Theatre/Film/TV Hair and Makeup course, the Fashion and Catwalk Makeup course, or complete the Artistry Training Academy Gold Makeup Artist Certificate or Platinum Makeup Artist Certificate.
Does it matter what age I am?
No, we welcome students of all ages (16+) and all levels of experience.
When are you open?
6 days a week. 51 weeks a year (we close for 1 week over Christmas).
Where can I find your course dates?
Unlike most academy, we can be flexible with our dates and our courses run throughout the year. Please contact us for our next available dates. If you have specific dates in mind, let us know!
Can I visit the academy?
Yes, but all visits must be booked in advance to ensure tutors are available. Please contact us to arrange a visit. Walk ins are not permitted as they cause class disruptions.
Can I study part time?
Yes, we offer flexible days and evening classes.
Am I ready to work within the makeup industry on completion?
Upon successful completion of any course you will receive full certification from ATC which will allow you to go and find work within the industry.